Welcome to the ALYN and WHEELS OF LOVE!
You are now a cherished member of a very special family.
First time riders deserve some extra TLC and often need some guidance “learning the ropes” or in this case “learning the bikes”.
So, here’s the “cheat sheet” for first timers:
- We always refer to WHEELS OF LOVE as WOL
- If you see ROC in emails that means Ride Organizing Committee and that is a group of volunteers in Israel who oversee the management of the Ride. Included on that committee are some of the original riders who helped create WOL back in 1999.
- There are two offices to help you – one in Israel and one in New York. If you are from the US or Canada, NY is your first stop for help
- There are two websites. The Israeli one – www.alynride.org – is there if you need it but you will create your personal fundraising page and get your information from ours: Americans go to www.wolusa.org and Canadians go to www.wolcanada.org
- We strongly recommend you to take your own bike to Israel. I know, it’s a bit of a schlep, but it’s worth it. EL AL gives us a special deal from any New York airport. Mechanics are at ALYN to take it out of your box and put it together for you while you watch and test it. If you insist on renting, Asaf Rockman, email@example.com
- Riders MUST check-in at ALYN prior to the start. Check-in takes place on Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 from 4-8 PM, Thursday, October 26th, 2017 from 8 AM to 10 PM and Friday,October 27th, 2017 from 8 AM to noon.
- The ride officially starts on Sunday, October 29th, 2017 morning at 9 AM. There are two ways to get to the start. Buses leave Sunday morning from Jerusalem and other major Israeli areas at approximately 5:30 AM. The other option, is to take our Saturday night stay upgrade; buses will leave Liberty Bell Park in Jerusalem at 7:30 PM, Saturday night, October 28th. We will stay in a hotel next to the start of the ride. Email of call firstname.lastname@example.org, (212)869-8085.
- We have great deals on Jerusalem Hotels for pre and post ride stays. The deals are so hot we can't publish them. Email or call email@example.com, (212)869-8085.
- Every rider MUST carry an Israeli cell phone. This is how the ride sends messages about security or any other important issue. We have a great SIM card deal.
- We have everything you need to make your fundraising as painless as possible. Don’t hesitate to call (212-869-8085) or email Friends@alynus.org for help.